- ‘Career in Television in Front and Behind the Camera’, with Alex Macqueen (An actor on British film and TV best known for roles in The Thick of It and The Inbetweeners)
- ‘Playwriting: Source, Character and Image’, with Laura Lomas (Channel 4 Playwright in Residence at Clean Break Theatre Company. She is under commission to The Royal Court Theatre)
Comedy Writing and Careers with Megan from HR (Upcoming Comedians and Edinburgh and London Fringe Successes)
Drama School Auditions with Ed Sayer (Professional Actor and Audition Panel Member)
Brush Up Your Shakespeare with Alexandra Spencer-Jones (Internationally recognised director and Artistic Director of Action to the Word)
- ‘Theatre Industry Q&A’, with John Godber (One of the most performed writers in the English language, won numerous awards including a Laurence Olivier Award)
- ‘Starting in the West End’, with Ben Weaver Hincks (Production Executive at the Theatre Royal Haymarket)
- ‘Complicite Devising and Ensemble Practice’, with Complicite (internationally renounced theatre company)
Each year our Workshops Calendar heats up during Epiphany as part of Durham Drama Festival and again in Easter term for ‘Summer in the City’ . Ranging from Acting in Greek Tragedy to Producing Tips and Tricks with Comedy Writing and Playwriting on the side!
DDF judges are also invited to run workshops and panels, open to both chosen writers and a general audience. These often provide a range of exciting insights into the professional world, as well as strengthening the opportunities offered by the festival.
Alongside our workshops, DST also holds a variety of socials throughout the year. These are a great chance to get to know members in the older years as well as meeting like minded theatrical friends. The highlight of the social calendar is the aptly named ‘D’Oscars’ which takes place after exams. The ‘D’Oscars’ is an evening of celebration of the top theatrical achievements throughout the year.