Two positions available
Deadline: Monday 26 February 23:59
Grade 3 (£21,534)
Full-time, fixed term
35 hours per week
Interview date: Wednesday 6 or Thursday 7 March
Start date: August 1 2024
This is an exciting one year opportunity for a recent graduate of Durham University. The post holder will work within the Student Enrichment Directorate to facilitate student theatre in all its forms at both pan-university and college evel.
Working closely with colleagues and student leaders, the post holder will assist in the development of a thriving theatre community at Durham, enhancing its profile to internal and external stakeholders whilst increasing participation and excellence across all levels.
The post-holder will receive continued professional development in arts management from Dr Nicola Candlish (Senior Manager of Performing Arts) and Lewis Wilkinson (Manager of Student Music), in order to pursue a career in the arts.
Roles and Duties
Theatre Company Development
· Facilitate and develop the activities of students with an interest in theatre, including the Student Theatre companies.
· Work with student theatre companies to provide activities and opportunities that meet the diverse needs and interests of students.
· Support student leaders in administrative tasks, including financial management, to facilitate rehearsals and performances.
· Administering various forms of financial support for theatre companies.
· Ensure student theatre upholds the highest possible standards of equality, diversity and inclusion to create a culture of participation, empowerment and personal development that is accessible to everyone.
Rehearsal Facilities and Equipment
· Help ensure rehearsal facilities are maintained to high standards and are used by student groups equitably to create a positive student experience for all.
· Monitor and report on the use of equipment, including technical equipment, set pieces, properties and costumes.
· Work with student organisations and individuals to promote concerts and events both internally and externally.
· Work with business partners in the Advancement, Marketing and Communications Directorate to promote concerts and events as widely as possible.
· Fulfil front of house duties such as box office and ushering where appropriate.
· Co-ordinate and deliver community projects in conjunction with other areas of the Student Enrichment Directorate, including the Student Volunteering and Outreach unit.
· Maintain excellent relationships with community partners, including charities, education institutions and arts organisations.
· Current final year student or recent graduate of Durham University.
· Passion for theatre.
· Exemplary communication skills, including face-to-face and written communication.
· Strong ICT skills.
· Knowledge and experience of facilitating student theatre productions.
· Knowledge of audience development and marketing.
· Enthusiasm for increasing engagement, participation, and excellence across a broad range of projects. If you would like more information, please email [email protected].
To apply, please email [email protected] attaching a CV and Covering Letter detailing your suitability and enthusiasm for the role. Applications without both attachments or received after the deadline will not be considered.